Dear KPMP Participant,
Attending KPMP’s 5-year anniversary celebration?
Help us celebrate KPMP’s 5th anniversary this fall. We’re planning to celebrate you, our KPMP heroes, and the study’s accomplishments since it started. It’ll be a hybrid event. So, you may join others at your recruitment site or attend virtually using your computer or phone.
Attendance is optional. This celebration is not part of your scheduled KPMP research visits. More details about the festivities will be coming soon.
KPMP By the Numbers
- As of April 17, 157 people have contributed kidney biopsy specimens. KPMP has received samples from
• 33 acute kidney injury (AKI) participants
• 98 chronic kidney disease (CKD) participants
• 26 healthy reference tissue participants
- Many KPMP participants have asked for more study updates. So, this year we will produce three Participant Letters. You may review previous updates using this link, Participant Letters.
KPMP investigators recently published "Molecular Signatures of Diabetic Kidney Disease Hiding in a Patient with Hypertension-Related Kidney Disease." This paper illustrates what a large amount of valuable information can be learned by analyzing a single KPMP participant’s data. Jack Biebak is a patient member of KPMP’s Community Engagement Committee and a co-author on this paper. Jack said “[It] is very exciting for us as patients to be a part of, hopefully yielding scientific advancements, motivated in part by our support and feedback with the researchers to achieve medical breakthroughs.”
Learn more about how KPMP is contributing to science. Read the attached paper and review some of the other KPMP publications.